Monday, May 2, 2011

BLOG ENTRY 13: GUEST ARTISTS

Repsonse to visiting guest artists


I was very interested in the work by our visiting artist Yuliya Lanina because she i was able to see how her process of creating art has changed over the years due to the use of digital systems however she does not use the new tool as a crutch but as a new way for her to showcase her fine art  background in painting. 

As a Pratt student I sometimes feel that the school looks to much to new interactive media with big wide eyes because it is new or different but it is lacking substance and I feel that Yuliyas peace is not just a fancy new way to show her work and that it has practical reasons for why she has chosen this new media. 

Pieres work was good to see as well because he showed how a mind map can help ones thought process and simplify the work that you have to do later if it is all layed out previously. I always appreciate seeing visiting artists because they give me a perspective of what options I have for myself post graduate school and Pratt.

No comments:

Post a Comment